Division of Agriculture, Setting and Rural Affairs (DAERA) Minister Edwin Poots MLA has introduced that his Division’s 2022 Rural Micro Capital Grant Scheme (RMCGS) is now open for functions.
Micro Capital grants of between £200 and £1,500 can be found to rural community-led, voluntary organisations. A further aspect for 2022 shall be offering the chance to community-led teams to implement power effectivity measures or environmental enhancements to their premises.
Minister Poots mentioned:
“The Rural Micro Capital Grant Scheme has been one of many success tales of current years. The Scheme continues to draw appreciable curiosity from throughout Northern Eire’s group and voluntary sector. Final yr, 632 initiatives had been awarded £800k benefitting an estimated 172,000 rural dwellers to deal with a regionally recognized poverty or social isolation subject.”
The Minister continued:
“Since 2016, by the Rural Micro Capital Grant Scheme, funding of over £5.5m has made a substantial distinction to rural group teams throughout Northern Eire. The Scheme is a particularly good-fit inside my Division’s Tackling Rural Poverty and Social Isolation Framework, serving to rural community-led, voluntary organisations to determine and ship initiatives which deal with localised problems with poverty and / or social isolation.”
The entire challenge value should not exceed £3,000 and candidates should present a minimal of 15% match funding. The scheme is being delivered by Rural Help Networks on behalf of DAERA.
The Minister continued:
“The 2022 Scheme will once more deal with the three key themes recognized as contributory components to poverty and social isolation; modernisation of current premises/property; info and communications expertise, and Well being and Wellbeing. Additionally, within the context of COVID-19 restoration, assist will stay obtainable to adapt their premises. For the primary time, and according to the NI Govt’s draft Inexperienced Development Technique, which my Division is main on, the Scheme will present a possibility for organisations to implement power effectivity measures and/or environmental enhancements.”
Concluding Minister Poots mentioned:
“I urge area people and voluntary teams to think about the Scheme and make an software to deal with their native wants.”
Candidates can apply utilizing the next hyperlink, which can take you to the net registration system:
For additional info on the 2022 Rural Micro Capital Grant Scheme please contact the Rural Help Community in your native council space. Obtain Rural Help Community contact particulars.
Notes to editors:
- The Rural Micro Capital Grant Scheme is funded by the Division of Agriculture, Setting and Rural Affairs Tackling Rural Poverty and Social Isolation Programme.
- This Scheme is open for functions from Monday 05 September 2022 till 12 midday on Friday 30 September 2022.
- The entire quantity of funding obtainable for the 2022 Rural Micro Capital Grant Scheme is £800,000.
- All media queries ought to be directed to the DAERA Press Workplace: email@example.com.
- The Govt Info Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries solely between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The responsibility press officer might be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
Share this web page